The Oreo Truffles

Lots of the blogs I follow seem to explode with recipes during the holidays, I on the other hand can hardly ever get near a computer to blog, I'm lucky if I can get a few decent pictures to use in a post later. Between Ramadan, Eid and crafting, not only have a not been blogging, I also seem to have forgotten that this is a baking blog!


Today's recipe is a dessert, but its a no bake dessert. This summer has been on the warmer side here in the PNW, so the less oven time, the better! This dessert is also very portable, so pack it up and head out to enjoy the weather!


I used regular Oreo's, but feel free to experiment with your favorite Oreo and leave a comment telling me how it turned out! I also like to change the sprinkles out to match the season or occasion, just to be fancy-shamcy. But you can also save some of the crushed cookies and sprinkle that on top.

The Oreo Truffle

Ingredients
18  OREO Cookies, finely crushed
4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted
sprinkles, optional

Extra Tools
wax paper
mini cupcake liners

Method
1. Mix cream cheese and remaining cookie crumbs until well mixed (you can use a kitchen aid or food processor)
2. Shape into 1-inch balls (you will get about 24). Dip into the melted chocolate, place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Top with sprinkles.
3. Place in the fridge for at least an 1 hour then place in cupcake liners before serving.

(See its that easy!!)

Enjoy!
Farhana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!