The Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

Happy Pi Day! This is actually the most "Epic" Pie day because of the date, 3/14/15. I was wondering why I haven't heard for pi day till my move to America, well in British style today is 14/3/15 so it's impossible to get the 3rd day of the 14th month!


Most bloggers have been all about this day with fancy pies, I just have a really easy recipe with just a few crappy pictures. I thought that I was going to bake this again and take some more creative pictures, but I didn't get a chance to bake in time, but had to share this recipe with you, as its an amazing dessert!


When I say that this recipe is EASY, I'm not tricking you. Use store bought pie crust and throw the rest of the ingredients into a bowl, beat and pour and stick it in the oven. Done!!


So go ahead and get baking! There's still time to celebrate Pi day with this treat!


The Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Adapted from Nestle

Ingredients
1 unbaked pie crust (I use store bought!)
2 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
Chocolate Syrup (also optional but HIGHLY recommended)

Method
1. Preheat oven to 325*F.
2. Beat your eggs in a large bowl until foamy.
3. Add in the flour and both the sugars. Continue beating.
4. Next add in the softened butter, continue beating.
5. Once well mixed fold (stir) in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
6. Unroll the pie crust in a pie pan. Spoon the prepared filling in the pie crust.
7. Bake for almost an hour (~55 mins) until the edges are golden brown and the center is almost solid.
8. Serve warm with scoop or two of ice cream, topped with a ton of syrup of course!

Enjoy!
Farhana

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!