The Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Changing things up today to share a recipe! This did start of as a baking blog, so I guess desserts should make an appearance once in a while!


Did I ever tell you about the first dessert that I baked for my husband? It was a pineapple upside down cake. And he loved it! Surprising how much he loves it, considering he is a chocoholic! And I'm also surprised as to how long it took me too blog about it. I messed around with the recipe a few times, maybe that's why? I finally have enough confidence in this recipe to share it now.


A lot of bakers out there place cherries in the center of pineapple slices, but neither one of us like them, so I have excluded them from the recipe. Also try serving it with vanilla bean ice cream on the side, delicious!


The Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Recipe Adapted from multiple sources

Ingredients
for brown sugar glaze
    1/8 cup butter
    1/3 cup packed brown sugar

5 slices pineapples, drained
9 maraschino cherries, drained (optional, I stopped using it as my husband is not a big fan)

for cake
    2/3 cup all purpose flour
    3/4 tsp baking powder
    1/2 cup granualted sugar
    3/8 cup cooking oil
    3/4 cup sour cream (I sometimes substitute with plain yogurt)
    1 egg

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In 8-inch round pan, melt butter in oven.
2. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
3. In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Immediately place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over.
6. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Serve warm. Store cake loosely covered.

Enjoy!
Farhana

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!