#craftingnotcoding : Coloring with Distress Inks (and a #tbt)

This post is more about the technique that I used instead of the actual card design, reason being I made the card already about a year ago! (Hence the #tbt) For details of my original post, check out this post.


Back to the technique, I finally used my distress inks that I have been collecting over the past year. It was so much easier than when I used the distress markers, for starters there is just more ink! I just use an acrylic block along with a paint brush. I used to previously use a water brush, but watercolor paint brushes are way way better as I get to switch different sizes.


I am in no way an artist, so I color in stamped images. There are multiple ways that crafter's stamp images to make sure that the ink doesn't run when you add the water color. Here are the ways that I have tried and tested :
1. StazOn Ink : This is a really strong permanent ink that stamps onto any and almost all surfaces. It also stains stamps and has a strong smell. I prefer not to use it, since I found another way to get around it!
2. VersaFine Ink : I now use this method, as it damages my stamps less! I just stamp with it, add some  clear embossing powder, hit it with an heat gun! This is the method that I have been using and I'll be sticking too it!

I've heard that some us Archival Ink, but I am yet to try it!

Supplies used:

  1. White Cardstock // Michaels
  2. Distress Inks // Impress Cards and Crafts
  3. VersaFine Ink in Black // Amazon
  4. Clear Embossing Powder // Amazon
  5. Watercolor Paint brushes // local grocery store
  6. Sequins // Pretty Pink Posh
  7. Sentiment Stamp // Right at Home

Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!
 Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Google+ | Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous riot of colour in your beautiful blooms, Farhana ... they're fabulous! Thanks so much for coming by and for leaving me some lovely words! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! I love watercoloring embossed images, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!