The Spritz "Eid" Cookies

How is everyone's Eid prep going? My friends sent me invites months ago, so I'm taking it easy this time. Eid is all about traditions, my traditions are a hodgepodge of multiple cultures. We make desi misthi's like samai and kheer, but I also bake cookies, something that comes from the South African in me.


Last Eid, I tried to press shortbread cookie dough through my cookie press, lets just say that I nearly broke my press. So this time around I started experimenting with spritz cookies. What did I learn? They don't require chilling, bake super quickly and don't break the cookie press. Will I be making these again yes! 


Did I mention that they are really easy to make? Well go ahead and add these to your Eid table, there's still time :)


Spritz Cookies

Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking

Ingredients
1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F and place cookie sheets in the freezer.
2. Beat the melted butter and sugar together for 2 mins with an electric mixer.
3. Add in the eggs, beat another minute.
4. Beat in the vanilla extract.
5. Lastly, add the flour. Beat until the dough is completely incorporated. Make sure to scrap the bowl in between.
6. Set up your cookie press, fill it with dough and shoot away!
7. Bake in preheated oven for 6-7 mins until the edges start to brown.
8. Cool on a wire rack for 5 mins before transferring them of the cookie sheet to completely cool before packing/serving them.

(Check out my instagram for packing ideas)

Enjoy!
Farhana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!