Travel Tuesday Vol. 1 : Hiking Mailbox Peak

So my friend suggested that I blog pictures of my travels. I have been fortunate enough to travel quite a bit, and also happen to live in an amazing part of the world, where you could spend a lifetime exploring your own backyard and not get bored!

The infamous "Mailbox" box 
While I work on sorting and editting the 2000+ pictures that I took on my most recent SW road trip, I'll share a few pictures from my camera phone of the toughest hike I have ever done IN MY LIFE.

Mt Rainier rising over the Snoqualmine Peaks
Hiking Mailbox Peak is highly regarded in the NW, as it is one of the toughest hikes in the area! Hiking up 4000 ft in less than 3 miles, is not difficult, it is grueling and painful. But I did it and proud of myself for it.

Looking South to Rattlesnake lake and ledge
I was talking to a friend and saying how it was a mistake, she corrected me and said it is an accomplishment!
Another look at Mt Rainier
Will I do it again? Probably on the "longer" new trail, which I took down as there is no way I was going to come down the way I went up!
Mt Baker peaking over the Snoquamine and North Cascade Mountains
But as you can see from the pictures, the peak provides a 360 degree view of the Pueget Sound, you can see everything from Rainier to Baker to the Olympics. Unfortunately I did not take my DSLR and thus my pictures did not capture it all. I saw Bellevue and Seattle DT from up there too!

Mt Si
Details from my hike:
2.5 miles up hill in about 4 hours (yes, took that long!)
~6 miles down in 4 hours

One last look at Mt Rainier
For more information and other reviews, check out the WTA page.

happy travels!
Farhana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!