Healthy Eating : The Thai Coleslaw

So, football season is over. Oh what will I do on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays! Maybe I'll blog more consistently? Umm... but what will I blog about! I'm messing with all of you :) I have tons that I want to share with you, so I'll be popping in now and again to make sure that you don't forget me!

Today, I'm sharing a quick and healthy recipe that goes well as a side dish. We personally love it with some Thai noodles. But I'm sure it tastes great with other Thai dishes.


Its prep time is literally 5 mins, unless of course you are start chopping your own cabbage. I on the other hand love to get the pre-cut, pre-washed packs from the grocery store and just add the dressing!


I'm off to code the night away, have a great rest of the week and hopefully I'll be back soon :)
Thai Coleslaw
Recipe Adapted from My Kitchen Escapades

Ingredients
Dressing
1 Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp sugar (brown preferred)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup peanut oil

Coleslaw
1 bag rainbow coleslaw mix (~10 oz)
2-3 medium carrots, peeled and cut using a Julienne Peeler
6 stalks of green onions, chopped
4 Tbsp chopped cilantro
peanuts (roasted and salted)

Method
1. Add all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
2. In a large bowl add all the coleslaw ingredients except the peanut and mix together.
3. Add the dressing into the coleslaw mix and stir in combine.
4. Top with peanuts just before serving.

Enjoy!
Farhana
Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!