#craftingnotcoding: The Crafty Card Class [May 2014]

Looks who is back before the end of the week! I just finished up HW and thought that I would take a break and start a new series here on the blog, #craftingnotcoding. I started use this hashtag on instagram, everytime I post a picture of something I crafted instead of coding :P

This week you all get a peak into a craft card class at Ben Franklin Crafts, a local craft store that I am totally obsessed about (esp their die cut center!). I didn't even know that they had this class, or I would have gone to so many by now. My friend found it and we both signed up immediately, and it was worth it!


We came home with 5 finished cards and learnt numerous new techniques!
1. The Graduation Card


This was pre-cut by the instructor using their die cut center, and we made the tassels from embroidery floss and added more detail with a white gel pen and rhinestone.

2. The Nautical Card


This was made using a fun set of nautical themed paper perfect for a boys summer birthday (I find making boy card the most difficult). The multiple layers and pleated dollie just adds extra dimension, making it more eye catching!

3. The Embossed Card


When making this I finally got to use an embossing stencil! The embossed paper was then layered with hexagons, washi tape and rhinestones.

4. The Pastel Card


I named it pastel cause all the paper layered in this card are in pastel colors (the actual paper set is called "the market street" from my mind's eye and can be found at Ben Franklin Crafts, Impress Rubber Stamps and numerous online stores. Totally obsessed with it!). I love how the instructor included little details with the golden paper and the bakers twine.

5. The Circles Card


This was probably the easiest card from a paper and tools point of view. But it was my favorite! So simple, but elegant. The colors of the paper can be changed according to theme or age.

I hope these card designs inspire you as much as they inspired me :)

Happy Crafting!
Farhana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!