Eating Healthy: The Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich

Hope you all had a good "football" weekend! This is the time of year for me when I plan all my weekend activities around the Seahawks schedule, let's just say I'm one wife that's not complaining its football season.


My one and a half weeks of summer break started Friday night, and I have been enjoying every single moment of it! Really not at all looking forward to classes starting, especially as I don't know if I'll be able to keep up the blogging (oh yeah I have my priorities in place, blogging > school, unfortunately job pays more than blogging, so school it is).


School season at home means lots of packed lunches and quick dinners, and this sandwich is perfect for both! Its quick and easy, and above all healthy. I'm not one for counting calories, but if you are this will probably be on the lower end :) And just like any sandwich it is easily customizable, you can add or remove ingredients according to personal taste.


So go ahead, make it, pack it and take it along on a picnic to enjoy the last days of summer! (Don't worry, no fall, pumpkin or cinnamon recipes till Sept 22, I'm all about enjoying every last min of summer!)


Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich

Ingredients
sliced bread, I used whole wheat
hummus
feta cheese
roma tomatoes, sliced
cucumbers, sliced
baby spinach
chips, optional for serving

Method
1. Spread hummus on one side of two slices of bread.
2. Add vegetables (as much or as little as you like) to once slice of bread.
3. Sprinkle feta cheese on top of the vegetables and cover with second slice of bread.
4. Wrap it up for lunch or serve immediately with a side of chips.

Enjoy!
Farhana

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog!