The Chocolate Fudge Cake

Is this a baking blog? You wouldn't think so with all the crafting that has been happening lately!! Let's just say that crafting is a little bit less messy and time consuming as compare to baking. I have been super busy with school (couple of more weeks to go!), so the blog has had to take a back seat, but don't worry with a summer off ahead I have big dreams for this blog (hopefully everything works!) I am using way too many exclamations, can you sense my excitement about school being over soon.


Enough about me, let's get back to the blog. Today I have a recipe for you. A recipe with a whole lot of chocolate. A lot of chocolate. Its a soft gooey chocolate cake, topped with chocolate fudge. I wasn't a fan of chocolate before getting married, but it has grown on me and now I am the first to get chocolate ice cream.


I say cake, my husband says brownie, either way, this is really easy to bake and serve up. No electric beater needed. No time need to level the cake or bother with smoothing the frosting. Just pour fudge over the cooling cake right in the baking tray. Once its completely cooled slice it up and your ready too go. I added little sugar flowers as a finishing touch.


Writing this post has made want to head over to the kitchen to bake and eat half of this. Too bad I have to finish a paper presentation and programming assignment. Leave me a comment letting me know if your going to try it!

The Chocolate Fudge Cake
Adapted from Glorious Treats
Ingredients
for cake
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups Hersey's chocolate syrup
4 eggs
1 cup flour

for frosting
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup whipping cream

Method

  1.  Preheat oven to 350*F and grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
  2. In a heavy bottom saucepan heat the butter and sugar together until melted on medium high.
  3. Remove the pan from the stove, and add the vanilla essence and chocolate syrup, beat until mixed.
  4. Add the eggs and use a whisk to beat it in. Finally add in the flour and mix the batter until the flour is completely incorporated.
  5. Pour the batter into prepared tin and bake for about 20 minutes.
  6. While the cake cools on a wire rack, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and whisk in the whipping cream. Once combined pour the frosting over the cake. Add sprinkles if you wish.
  7. Allow the cake and frosting to cool completely before cutting and serving.

Enjoy!
Farhana

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!