Theme Week 1 : Day 3 of Mother's Day Cards

Thanks for coming back again! I hope that you are enjoying theme week as much are I enjoyed making the cards. I have been loving wreath design for cards recently, so today I made an actual wreath card. I haven't figured out how I am going to mail it yet, for now I am just going to give this card in person.


Warning: lots of fussy cutting ahead! I started by stamping the smaller flowers and leaves on a stem stamps from the Beautiful Blossoms from Newton's Nook Design and colored them using a sponge and my new ombre ink pads (I have the Red to Pink and Yellow to Orange one). I used memento cottage ivy and pear tart for the leaves (I have this whole set). And then ... I fussy cut!


Using a thicker card stock, I cut two 6 x 6 pieces, and cut out a donut shape from them (I used random circle items from around the house to draw the donut shape). next cut a piece of acetate smaller that the larger edge of the donut paper. Using your favorite adhesive (I used my ATG) adhere the acetate to one of the donut pieces. The sentiment (from Love Grows from Newton's Nook Design) was stamped using stazon black ink. Next start sticking the stamped cut flowers around the circle (I used tacky glue). Make sure to stick them on the front side, so as to hide the glue showing through the acetate.


Once you are done with flowers, take the second donut piece, score about 1/4 inch from the edge on one side, and using a bit of glue, stick that edge to the edge of the donut piece with the wreath.


I hope that I was able to describe it well enough. Please do come back tomorrow for another card, I promise its waayyy easier than this one!


Just in case :
Monday's card can be found here.
Tuesday's card can be found here.

 Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

1 comment:

  1. WOW - you are a busy crafter! I love that you're doing so many fun cards with our flower stamps! The clear card is super pretty! Thanks for sharing it today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!