Theme Week 1 : Day 1 of Mother's Day Cards

Welcome to (hopefully) the first of many theme weeks here on the blog. Maybe I'll even be able to do a food one! I was inspired to do one every since Paulina at Pretty Pink Posh did one for Easter Week a while back. I finally got sometime (midterm out of the way!) to take some time away from the PC screen and create some cards to send out for Mother's day, and I thought why not share as a theme week!


I actually created this card for the Sparkle and Shine Challenge 4, but ended up sharing a different card there, and now I get to share this as part of theme week! The technique used to create the flowers and leaves are the same as the Mother's Day Card that I posted a week or so ago. I have been wanting to create a shaker card for a while, but all the idea I came up with needed a die cut machine, something that I don't have yet. Then I thought! Why not just cut the window using a exacto knife and then cover the edges with a wreath. So I went with it, only problem, the foam tape that I used was not thick enough. So I probably should have doubled it up, to allow the sequins to move around more. (I created another shaker card last week, details here)


To add finishing touches, I covered the entire front of the card base with a green polka dot vellum sheet, then I added some strips of washi tape and the sentiment was added using green glitter and versamark watermark ink. The stamps used are from Newton's Nook Design and the washi tape is from my minds eye.


I'm excited that I finally made a (another) shaker card! It wasn't as complicated as I made it out to be, I think you'll be seeing more here on the blog, just not this week :) But do come back tomorrow as I'll have a brand new card to share!

 Happy Crafting!
Farhana   

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!