BloggerView: Erica from Erica's Sweet Tooth

I am the baker/chef that I am because of all my family and friends that have been nice enough to share their recipes and teach me their tips. Along with them, I have learnt a lot from all the bloggers out there :)

One of the bloggers that I have followed for a really long time is Erica from Erica's Sweet Tooth. She is an awesome and creative baker, and her husband seems to love peanut butter and chocolate almost as much as mine, as a result I get a lot of inspiration from her!

She was gracious enough to reply my email, so that you and I can learn a bit more about the baker behind the blog.

1. How long have you been blogging?
- I started my blog in October of 2009 - so it's been 5 years now!

2. What made you start blogging?
- When I was in college I started reading a lot of baking blogs, and I became addicted. When dental school started I found myself baking a lot as an escape from all the studying, and since I received a nice DSLR camera for graduation I figured maybe I could do the whole blogging thing myself.

3. Do you remember your first blog post, if so what was it?
- Yes of course! It was a recipe for oatmeal white chocolate cranberry cookies. My pictures were terrible, taken without natural light and I cringe sometimes looking at them, but I also appreciate them as a reminder of how far I've come. I remember I took my photos with my biology notes in the background because that was my life at the time- studying constantly!

4. Do you blog full time or is it a hobby?
- It's just a hobby of mine. I'm a pediatric dental resident full time so I just bake and blog in my free time.

5. Who is your favorite blogger?
- Some of my favorites include Annie's Eats, Sally's Baking Addiction, and How Sweet Eats.

6. What is your favorite social media?
- Instagram! I'm a sucker for photos.

7. What is your favorite crafting tool?
- I love doodling and doing calligraphy, so probably nice pens and markers. I love having gold paint pens around to decorate cards and add fancy writing wherever I can.

8. What is your favorite season or holiday to blog about?
- Halloween! There are so many themes and colors to play around with - you can be spooky, scary, silly, it's just a lot of fun. And I love candy too so I'm always excited to stock up on Halloween candy for baking purposes.

9. Something that you can't live with out?
- For baking? Probably my Kitchenaid mixer but that's obvious. It's my workhorse and it's yellow so I love it :)

10. Any words for new and aspiring bloggers?
- Do what makes you happy, blog about what you love, and write from the heart. Blogging is a constant learning process and there's always ways to grow, but take it at your own pace and make sure blogging doesn't become a stressor in your life. It should be a release and an opportunity for creative expression.

Erica is not only creative with ingredients, but just as creative with decorating! I chose out some my favorites from her blog. Be sure to check this and more out at Erica's Sweet Tooth.



Enjoy!
Farhana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!