Travel Tuesday Vol 2 : Arizona State Capitol

In honor of the Seahawks going to the Superbowl, being held in Phoenix, AZ, I thought that I would share my short trip down there last year. But, there is not much to see in Phoenix, all the places that I wanted to go to were at least an hour away. And I wasn't up for that long a drive, as we had to be back in time to get ready and go to my husband's holiday party (the reason that we were there!).

Looking down at the city with a view of Camel Back Mountain
Once I limited my Google search to Phoenix, I realized that it is the state capitol of Arizona. So, of course we had to go and check it out!

The front view of the old State Capitol Building
The original state capitol building is no longer used for official purposes, it is now a museum dedicated to the history of Arizona, along with a special display dedicated to the USS Arizona.


They kept the governor's office in its original state from when it was last used. The wax dummy was a tad bit creepy.


I love lego's and anything to do with lego's! This lego flag was so Awesome!


They also have multiple painting of sights of Arizona.



Got to see a cactus! (There aren't any at all in Northern AZ, as I discovered on our trip there earlier in the year.)


This caught my eye while walking around the park on front of the Capitol Building. I love the way they incorporated AZ history using the flag as a background.


Lastly I'll leave you with a few pictures of the statues outside the building.




happy travels!
Farhana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!