The Biscoff Double Chocolate Bread {and a Book Review}

Heard of Biscroff? No, then stop reading right now, head over to the grocery store, get some, then come back and continue reading. Trader Joe's sells a similar spread called cookie butter, and I must say that it is good...really good! They also have a cookie/biscuit that is served on Delta flights, so good!


I first had the cookie, then the spread and I am in love. Its a great alternative to peanut butter, especially if you are baking for someone with allergies or just don't like peanut butter as much! I really wasn't a fan, but I've grown to like it :)


The best type of recipe book in my opinion is when you a want to make every single recipe in the book! I think I need to order a bulk pack of biscroff from Amazon to make my way through the book! I first made the banana biscroff bread, which you might have noticed if you follow me on Instagram, then I decide to give the chocolate-biscroff bread a try, with a little twist of my own of course!


I baked the batter in one pan as the recipe said, but next time I will do it in two pans, and I suggest that you do the same. The twist that I added was to crush some biscroff cookies and sprinkle them over the top of the batter before placing it in the oven. Serve warm or at room temperature, either way is really tasty!


This book has so many fun recipes, next up I think is the pumkin brea, cause I think its always pumpkin season!


Also this tiramisu looks really good, and the recipe is a tad bit simpler than the ones that I have used thus far! I'm a sucker for easy recipes :D


Go ahead, bake yourself a loaf, grab and slice and enjoy exploring Katrina's blog. The book can be found here on Amazon.


The Biscroff Double Chocolate Bread

Recipe Adapted from The Biscoff Cookie & Spread Cookbook 

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 cup creamy Biscroff spread
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed biscroff biscuits

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 325*F, Spray 2 8x4 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixture, cream the biscroff spread and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and milk.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wt mixture. Beat until just combined.
5. Remove 1 cup of batter and add the cocoa powder, once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf, alterating between the 2 kinds of batter. Once all the batter is in the pan, run a butter knife through the pan in a figure 8 shape. Top with some crushed biscroff biscuits.
7. Bake for 50 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy!
Farhana

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!