The Chocolate Chip Cookie

I've been blogging on and off for almost two years  now, but I haven't shared a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Hard for me to believe as I make them ever so often, as they are my husband's all time favorite dessert. I try to make them for him every couple of weeks, he would love it if I made them every week, but I'm a baking blogger, I have to experiment with other dessert here and there too :)


I thought that today would be the perfect day to finally share my go to CCC (chocolate chip cookie) recipe as I am not home to bake my husband a birthday treat :) Happy Birthday! (I'll bake something as soon as I get back :) )


I like to chill this dough for hours before baking to get the puffy cookie shape and also make sure to bake it till the edges brown and the center is slightly soft, leave it on the pan and it will harden as it cools. My CCC experiments yeild cookies as hard as rock, spread out like cake batter and almost as chewy as toffee. But finally have a go to recipe and its an easy one!


One more pointer, don't use a hand/electric mixer to beat the dough, it incorporates too much air into the dough, causing the cookies to rise and spread too much.


{UPDATE : here's what my husband had to say after reading this :
You don't try to make them every couple of weeks. But like every couple of months. . I also would prefer you don't make them more than every couple weeks cause then I would have no room to enjoy all the other delicious goodness you create! Lastly, where is my credit on helping you get this recipe right? 
The Chocolate Chip Cookie

Ingredients
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 Tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional

Method
1. Stir together flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. Melt the butter and whisk in both the sugars by hand, until the mixture is well combined and smooth,
3. Add the whole egg, then the egg yolk and continue beating until combined. Add in the vanilla extract.
4. Lastly fold in the flour mixture, then the chocolate chip (and nuts, if using), mixing until the flour is just incorporated.
5. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 30 mins up to a day.
6. Preheat the oven to 350*F. While the oven heats up scoop the cookie dough into small balls using a cookie scoop and place 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Keep the remaining dough chilled as the cookies bake.
7. Bake for 8-10 mins depending on your oven, or until the edges of the cookie are sightly browned and the center is still soft.
8. Cool the cookies on the tray for 5 mins, then move them on to a wire rack.

Note : cookies can be stored at room temperature for upto 5 days in a airtight container. The cookie dough can be frozen.

Enjoy!
Farhana

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!