The Cricket Cookies

Yes, I watch cricket. Yes, "I am that brown". I needed to put that in quotes as I took the line from a thread that started with me and a friend discussion the game while Bangladesh and England were playing. That got me to thinking, I'm that brown, but I don't have a single cricket related post on my blog! Well, I did share this cupcake decorating idea on a while back, but that's about it!

So I got on the internet to get some ideas of what treat I could make to enjoy today's Bangladesh-India game, but everything seemed a little too elaborate as I have a final tomorrow and gave myself a 1 hour break to bake something up. I came up with some Bangladesh "flag" cookies and piped the rest of them to look kind of like cricket balls. I haven't seen the red cricket balls used in a while. Maybe they are used in test matches? Either way, I made these in an hour, so you can too!

Using a food processor allows you to use cold butter, which means that you don't have to chill the dough. Just chill the tray while the oven is preheating and you are rolling the cookies. Clean up while the cookies are baking and cool them on a wire rack to speed up the process. While they cool, get your chocolate melted and some sprinkles out.

I told you it was easy. Seriously took me longer to take the pictures, edit them and write this post! BTW I finally found use for my Christmas theme sprinkles!

The Cricket Cookies

Ingredients
1 batch Shortbread Cookie dough
green and red food color
white melting chocolate
sprinkles

Method
1. Preheat oven to 325*F and put a cookie sheet in the freezer.
2. Make the cookie batter and split the dough. Tint with green and red food color in two separate bowls.
3. Use circle cookie cutters to cut a bunch of donut shapes with the green food color, roll out the red dough, cut circles with the smaller cutter and place them inside the green donut. The dough expands as it bakes, so the two colors will attach themselves.
4. After all the green dough has been used, roll out the remaining red dough and cut circles with larger cookie cutter.
5. Bake for about 12-15 mins on the chilled cookie tray lined with parchment paper, until the cookie slides without breaking when pushed or the edges start to brown. The center will still be a little soft.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Melt the white chocolate and pipe a stitched design on half the plain red cookies and for the remaining just create a zigzag pattern and top with sprinkles!

Enjoy!
Farhana

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

2 comments:

  1. Favourite line in this post: BTW I finally found use for my Christmas theme sprinkles!
    I will never be able to look at a Bangladeshi flag the same way again lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thanks for such a lovely comment!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog!