Sparkle and Shine : Challenge 7

For the first time in a long time I am actually okay that today is a Monday. My class was canceled and I just have my take home left to do and  my final presentation and then its time to PARTY! And blog! I have a ton of fun posts coming up featuring lots of new products that I have gotten my hands on, but are still in their original packaging!


I thought that I would pop in and share some card ideas while I took a break! In between studying I made a few cards using the Sparkle and Shine Challenge photo as inspiration. I didn't know which one I liked best, so I'm posting all of them and you can chose. I did my usual minimum product usage, sticking to one stamp set and a few markers and inks.


I ended up using mainly watercolors, so I decided to link up to the Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop too, especially after my last post got so much attention, thank you all for commenting! I will get back to you personally as soon as I am done with school!



As I mentioned I used a limited list of supplies:

  • Lawn Fawn's Blissful Botanicals
  • Distress Markers in cracked pistachio, mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers, picked raspberry, abandoned coral, ripe persimmon and mowed lawn. 
  • Watercolor paper
  • VersaMark Ink, embossing powder, heat gun, fussy cutting scissors and PPP sequins


For the first card I created a background by stamping and embossing with white powder, when "painting" it and creating an ombre effect.


To finish off I added a die cut sentiment from Ben Franklin (#567), cut from a glitter paper and added a few PPP sequins.


The next card was a little bit more work, I used the butterfly stamp from the set in versamark ink and embossed with a shade of blue powders. Then I used a waterbrush pen to color it in and yet again create an ombre effect. And then fussy cut!


After sticking the butterfly to the cardbase using 3M foam tape, I used multi medium matte to add a few sequins to add a little sparkle!


Save the best for last, right? This one used a little bit more color and a lot more fussy cutting! I stamped a lot of the flowers and leaves with versamark ink and embossed with gold powder and then colored them using a waterbrush pen and distress markers, The background was created similar to the first card.


Once the fussy cutting was done, I adhered to the flowers using 3M foam tape and sequins using multi medium matte. While typing this I realized that I didn't had a sentiment, but I guess now I can use it for any occasion!

Thanks for joining me today! Back to the grind, 5 days till I'm done :)

 Happy Crafting!
Farhana 

Don't forget, caring is sharing!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful,you are very talented.....and you have a lot of patience for all thst fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many lovely cards!! I especially love the watercolored flower garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! Especially love the last one... fussy cutting and gold embossing makes the colors stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! LOVE the combination of gold and ombre! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sparkle and Shine!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such pretty cards! All that embossing and coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog!