The PSL Cupcakes

PSL = Pumpkin Spice Latte. I don't the like the drink. I don't look forward to it being available.  I don't wish it was available all year around. I love my summer drinks a bit too much, I actually make milkshakes in winter.


Even though I'm a PSL hater, I don't mind fall coming along. I do miss summer, especially the awesome PNW summer. But fall means that its football season, time to start training for snowboarding and PUMPKIN baking season! Except for pumpkin pie, I am obsessed about all other pumpkin desserts out there!


These PSL cupcakes are a favorite as they are so easy to make (using a cake mix) but you can't really tell because of the pumpkin puree that is added along with the spice mix. As a result the cupcakes are the right amount of moist, spicy and sweet. Topped with a little whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. they are perfect to compliment any fall gathering!


So go ahead, bake a batch, entertain and share. I recommend sharing as this recipe makes 24 cupcakes, that's a lot when we are only two in the house!


The PSL Cupcakes
Recipe adapted from Ericas Sweet Tooth

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp coffee
1/3 cup oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
1/2 cup powdered sugar
ground cinnamon, for sprinkling

Method
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and line a regular size cupcake pan.
2. In a small bowl or mug, mix the coffee into the water.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients, except the whipping cream and powder sugar, in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add in the coffee mix.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, fill the cupcake liners 2/3 way. Bake for about 20 mins, until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack, in the mean while beat the whipping cream and sugar until stiff.
6. Pipe the cupcakes with whipped cream and sprinkle a bit of cinnamon.

Enjoy!
Farhana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog!